On 03/06/2024 23:10, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
In my experience, T-Bird is the worst email reader I've ever used . . . except for *every other* email reader (without a single exception) I've tried. I'm particularly irritated with those that have no way to disable HTML rendering, and those that have no way to send properly formatted plain-text-only emails, those that try to trick you into top-posting

When I read this first time I decided that the complains applies to thunderbird as well. In thunderbird it is configurable. However I admit that some complications may exist depending on precise definition of "properly formatted plain-text-only emails".