Chris M composed on 2024-06-03 14:08 (UTC-0500):

> Is there any "dangers" I need to know about? Like, keeping the mailbox a
> certain size?
> or a certain amount of emails per folder etc?
> I always go offline, and then compact my folders after I get done
> reading emails.

In SM at least, since I've only ever used it and its ancestors, deleting an
email
merely copies a "deleted" email to the Trash "folder", and marks its source that
it's been "deleted" so that it becomes invisible in the mailnews reader. It's
the
compacting process that actually frees disk space by removing the "deleted"
emails. IOW, "deleting" an email roughly doubles the disk space it consumes
until
such time as compacting its source occurs, when both copies get removed from the
storage system.

As I'm up 24/7, I never bother going "offline" in SM.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata