On 2024-06-29 16:09, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 29/06/2024 20:07, mick.crane wrote:
On 2024-06-29 12:34, Max Nikulin wrote:
To manipulate with HTML it is better to write a script in some
programming language, e.g. for python there are lxml etree and
BeautifulSoup packages. This way it is easier to maintain valid
document structure with paired opening and closing tags.

I have not tried Emacs lisp facilities for dealing with HTML.

open in Geany
[...]
click search select replace
copy paste selection into "search for"

By "Emacs *lisp* facilities for dealing with HTML" I mead something
like `libxml-parse-html-region'. Notice that I was suggesting against
search&replace.

Oh, I see what the question was.
There is "use regular expressions", "use multi line matching" in Geany
I'm not very good at regular expressions.
I'd probably do it 3 times
"search for" <span class="verse" id="V(...)">