On 02/07/24 at 22:23, Van Snyder wrote:
I updated another computer with an NVidia Quadro graphics card. NVidia says the Debian nvidia-driver package works -- but it's not part of the default net-install, and apt-get refuses to install it. And it refuses to install the nvidia-tesla drivers. I gave up on compiling the drivers I downloaded directly from NVidia, for the same reasons. And a laptop. So they're running nouveau too (and occasionally freezing).

Does nouveau cause the freezes?

Yes with the KDE's compositor frequently.
I solved disabling the KDE compositor in SystemSetting and installing "Picom", now rarely Picom crashs but I can restart it from the console with the command:

~$ picom -b --config ~/.config/picom.conf

at least the system doesn't freeze anymore.

Cheers
--
Franco Martelli