On Wed, 2024-07-03 at 08:03 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Resolve never to buy Nvidia again :)

1) On my brother's antique Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, the NVidia G68M
(GeForce 8400M GS) is soldered to the motherboard.

2)I'm running NVidia in two desktops because my erstwhile SA gave them
to me when computers were decommissioned. At the time they were a big
step up. Now NVidia doesn't support them in Debian. What do you
recommend for them? Multiple monitors. No gaming but an occasional
video. And some features of the KDE Kinfocenter, especially the System
Monitor, either don't work at all, or just make a mess, without a
graphic accelerator.