On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 19:44:35 +0200, Lists wrote:
> Setting umask in your shell profile isn't that hard indeed. I've doing that
> for years. However, that does not mean your DE will honour that setting. I
> have tried to do so for KDE (more specifically Krusader), but I ended up
> nowhere. I haven't found a setting that will be honoured KDE wide or even
> just in Krusader alone.

I remember someone trying to do the same thing in GNOME several years
ago, and nobody could find a solution for GNOME, either.

With a traditional window manager, it's as simple as can be.  You just
set umask in your ~/.xsession file (before exec-ing your WM) and you're
done.  I don't know why the creators of Desktop Environments have decided
to discard all common sense.