On 8/3/24 22:58, Lee wrote:
On Sat, Aug 3, 2024 at 2:55 AM Jeffrey Walton wrote:

On Fri, Aug 2, 2024 at 5:13 PM Lee wrote:

On Thu, Aug 1, 2024 at 10:40 PM Jeffrey Walton wrote:

I personally remove mDNS and Bonjour from my machines. mDNS is not the
source of truth on my networks. Rather, DNS is the source of truth in
my networks ...

Do you have any network printers?  That work without having mDNS enabled?

Yes.

I enable SLP, LPD and IPP only. I use CUPS Postscript drivers. And I
believe I use PCL-5, and not PCL-6.

I disable AirPrint, Bonjour, WS-Discovery, WS-Print, Telnet printing,
TFTP printing and 9100-Printing.

Oh my goodness!!  I install Debian and printing Just Works.

I know it's got something to do with mDNS because printing didn't work
for me with mDNS disabled, but... that's a lot of enabling and
disabling that you do.  What does all that get you?

More controle over what's going on on the network! ;^)
This allows to have a restrict FW for example.

That is also why UPNP is also disabled on my network.

--
John Doe