DdB <debianl...@potentially-spam.de-bruyn.de> writes:

> Beloved debian users,
>
>  After years of using GNOME (even back in my Ubuntu-days), i got fed up
> with the ever changing behavior, which came on top of "development
> politics". And since i was/am still on buster, i decided to move forward
> to bookworm-KDE.

I only dabble in KDE, my main desktop is still Awesome WM. I don't know
how to help with any of your KDE questions.

> And i got my VPN client working in KDE, only the iptable rules to
> protect me from acidental leaks (kill switch) need to be reinstalled
> after every boot. How to make them permanent the right way?

Hm, I don't know if there's a permanent right way for iptables in Debian
but I tend to think any way that does the job is right.

I used to have a script in /etc/init.d for iptables firewall but since
it became just a wrapper for nftables I switched to that and the Debian
package nftables comes with a systemd service ready to go.