On 25/08/2024 13:16, Joe B wrote:

root@debian:~# upower --dump
[...]
energy-full: 57.0714 Wh
energy-full-design: 61.32 Wh

So the battery has degraded a bit but capacity is still high enough. I hope it is reported correctly. There is no apparent sign of failure.

[...]
joe@debian:~$ grep '' /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/*
[...]
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/uevent:POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=10950000
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/uevent:POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=12469000

You may compare voltage to value when AC adapter is disconnected.

Another data point is charge level after failure and following boot with the AC adapter connected.

I boot this laptop everyday so there are a lot of entires for
journactl --list-boots
Any idea ?

You sent first message at Fri, 23 Aug 2024 15:11:36 -0700. Perhaps it was soon after failure. You may try to guess comparing time of first and last messages.

As to temperature, you may try "sensors" from the lm-sensors package. For hard drives "smartclt -x" may give even some history.