On Saturday 24 August 2024 03:36:28 pm Joe wrote:
> Not trivial,
> laptops don't come apart easily, but actual component failure is going
> to be very difficult to diagnose and maybe impossible to fix.

Yup.  I have three laptops over there that I was given,  waiting for me to do
something with them.  I'm in no particular hurry.

The last laptop I used,  left it plugged in all the time and eventually the
battery deteriorated,  something went wrong and it wouldn't charge up any more.
 After that I ended up with a "system board error" at which point I gave up on
it.  I did get 6-7 years of use out of it,  amyhow...

-
M Dakin