On Wednesday, 28-08-2024 at 11:31 Trish Fraser wrote:

> >> Seems like, in XFCE, you need to go into settings and disable the
> >> screensaver.

If this helps anyone, my comment is:  I don't use screensavers
either, so as described above, in XFCE's Power Manager, Display tab, I
set 'Blank after' to 'Never', 'Put to sleep after' to 'Never', 'Switch
off after' to 'Never, and then I select the "Display power management"
slider to off.

In XFCE's Session and Startup, General tab, I unchecked "Lock screen
before sleep".

I cannot remember making any other changes that are relevant to screen
savers or power management.

I made these settings a year or so go, I have not had need to reapply
these settings (after updates or power off/on), and my screen does not
go blank while I am using my computer, my two monitors just continue
to show my linux screens.

George.

> >> Good luck!
> >>
> >That I'm assuming is canceled by the next reboot. And I get killed
by
> >linuxcnc starting up while I can't see it. So to make it permanent,

> >either uninstall the perpetrator, or put something into
/etc/Xsessions