Hi,

gene heskett wrote:
> xfce4 desktop,
> screen blanker came on and locked me out till I logged back in

If everything else fails:

In these modern times, home office slave workers need ways to simulate
relentless activity. Google "mouse jiggler", "auto clicker".
There are mechanical mouse platforms, pseudo-mouse USB devices, and even
software emulated mice.
(I guess you have the parts loitering on the shelf which you would need
for a mechanical mouse mover. :))

There are also keyboard clips, advertised for Microsoft Teams.
You would have to test whether XFCE locks the screen while the CapsLock
or the Shift key is pressed.

Of course you should first try to disable the screen locking. Especially
the one which asks for login.
But in these modern times ...

Have a nice day :)

Thomas