Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 18 Feb 2004, Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Anthony Campbell (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

[sshd does not accept connections]
Thanks for this reply. I'm getting "connection refused" on port 22. I
don't know if this port is blocked, perhaps. (I had bastille in place
at one time though not now.)

Bastille asks you if you want to set a defauly deny rule in /etc/hosts.deny. Maybe this is still set. Check that file.

best regards
       Andreas Janssen

--

Thanks; useful check, but nothing is enabled in that file.

AC

Are you positive that ssh is indeed running on the remote host? to check telnet $host 22 . It should give you a ssh banner. If you have console access to the machine check to see if you have any iptables rules in place that might be blocking ssh access as well.

hth
Jeff