Hi

What is the difference between the kernel source from kernel.org and the
Debian kernel-source-* packages? The only thing I can find about that is
some discussion from 1997 concluding that there is no difference except
that the debian packages handles the /usr/src/linux symlink for you.
Sorry if I am missing some obvious docs now.

And, about that /usr/src/linux symlink. I have installed new kernels
from the kernel-source packages a few times and I have never seen this
symlink on my system. Is it safe to be without it?

The reason I am asking is that I am in the process of downloading the
source for 2.6.3 from kernel.org and install it on my unstable system.

Thanks
Olle Eriksson