Kirk Strauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hotplug installs the appropriate modules, and I can mount
> /etc/udev/.dev/scd0 without taking any additional steps, but there is no
> entry in /dev that resembles a CD or DVD:
>
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/dev% find . | grep -E "(cd|sr)"
>   ./cdroms
>
> I don't even know where to begin to look.  Do other people use CDROMs and
> DVD-ROMs with udev?  Does it work without modification?

This is my rule for creating cdrom node in /etc/udev/udev.rules:
BUS="ide", ID="1.0", NAME="cdrom", SYMLINK="dvd"

This means that the system is a IDE drive and on the second bus (0.0
would be first master on the IDE bus).

Looking at your system, are you sure it's not in /dev/cdroms?  Are the
modules loaded?  Remember that scd? has been deprecated in v2.6.x

--
John L. Fjellstad