Josselin Mouette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Le dimanche 23 novembre 2008 à 10:25 +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :
> > Personal attacks (to call my statements “lies” is to assert that
> > I'm knowingly stating falsehood) are not welcome.
>
> This is not a personal attack. You are spreading lies

That is exactly the personal attack that I refer to. Please stop
asserting that I'm deliberately spreading falsehoods.

If you think what I say is false, I welcome argument to arrive at the
truth; but it is a personal attack to say that I deliberately spread
statements I know to be false, and personal attacks are not welcome
here.

> implying no one is working on these bugs

I never intended to give that impression. Clearly people are working
on fixing DFSG violations; earlier parts of this discussion have
mentioned them several times. My argument is regarding the resolution
to alter the interpretation of the DFSG so that some of these bugs
would no longer be recognised as DFSG violations.

> while YOU are the one discouraging people to work on them.

I hereby give my full endorsement and to anyone working to resolve
DFSG violations in Debian, now or at any time. If anything I've said
has discouraged people from doing such work, I explicitly enourage
that work's continuance.

With that out of the way, I hope we can return to discussion about the
resolution on interpreting the social contract and DFSG.

--
 \     “I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much |
  `\   as a week sometimes to make it up.” —Mark Twain, _The Innocents |