Hi,

> Two comments, one more emotional and one more analytical:
>
> * Part of my gut feeling is that the call for a GR might be a bit
>   premature, as I have the feeling that especially Gannef is not
>   opposed to t2u in general but is trying to work out how it might
>   work; and I really appreciate this positive attitude!

This is how I feel as well. I'm doing my best to follow the discussion since
its beginning, so far having no major concerns about t2u implementation itself,
but disliking the way this suddenly became, apparently, the most urgent thing
in the project.

> * On the other hand, I have the impression, based on my own
>   experiences with the FTP team, that this can go on for another 5
>   years or longer, as the FTP team usually avoids taking any formal
>   decisions; and this (meta level now) comes from the fact the no
>   delegated or ad-hoc team in Debian (except the TC) has any
>   bylaws/procedures for taking a decision, so it's easier to just not
>   decide.
>
> Not sure what my conclusion might be; maybe something like "Wait for
> 4 more weeks for an official statement of the FTP team, and failing
> that, call for a GR."

I agree with the above. Not certain about 2, 4, 12 weeks... But such a
direction would definitely reduce the potential for a disruption in an
important part of Debian, at the (small?) cost of a possible implementation
delay that wouldn't result in any important damage here, in my view.

Bests,

--
Tiago