On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 01:05:40AM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> I'd like to submit a ballot option.
>
> Not really happy with the current text though. The idea is simple : I
> have been convinced, reading the previous discussion, that no formal
> opinion from ftpmaster has been provided.
>
> I'm not sure that it was asked explicitly, and I think that before
> having a GR to force a tool down their throats, we should simply require
> a formal statement from ftpmaster as delegates on the matter.
>
> I also saw valid points that are too easily ignored by Sean and Ian
> regarding their implementation, probably due to them not being eager to
> change something that works.
>
> I really think this GR is counter-productive in its current state. To be
> clear, I'd vote for the default option above any ballot option trying to
> force ftpaster (and then DSA) to push a tool that has not received a
> formal review from ftpmaster, except if ftpaster decides to ignore the
> assessment request thrown th them (in which case at some point I'd view
> this as a decision - silent, but still).
>
> That being said, I do feel that ftpmaster failed multiple times to reply
> to requests from other DDs regarding rejects et al. I'd like to see this
> change.
>
> LBNL, I would expect tag2upload to work only if both a tag and the
> commit it points to are signed. I also view the requirement to have a
> proper DSC embedded some way is a sane one (as I consider it a sane idea
> to build something before uploading it).

I'd absolutly second this and I'm glad it doesn't seem to be neccessary.

(Still writing this mail to not imply consent by being silent.)

--
cheers,
        Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

That morning, the young barista woman told me that a customer came in with a
mask, but not wearing it. When she asked the customer to put on her mask
please, the woman said: "Why? There's no-one in here."