On 28.06.24 08:32, Ansgar πŸ™€ wrote:
I will leave it as an exercise to you to compare the output and to
reason about results of different ways to compare both trees.

The problem is that this particular package is the result of one of several possible workflows, where previous work has already resulted in a dgit run that assembled various entries in d/patches for us; see e.g. commit 556ef01 which is simply dgit's handling of 3a8b795.

A git-centered tag2upload-based workflow *would not do that*, leaving the job of generating commits like 556ef01 to the t2u server and thus preventing you from doing this comparison.

This fact has been stated multiple times since the RFC has been posted. I can't believe you have not read / understood any of these emails, or that you forgot the discussion about the significance of identity (or not) of the d/$D and a/d/$V tags on browse.dgit.d.o.

(tf5 is an example of identity, which should not surprise anybody at this point; reminder: less than half of the 50 most-recent sources on browse.dgit.d.o look like this.)

IMHO this message amply demonstrates that any further delay to a GR, as premature as the call for it might have seemed to some (including me) yesterday morning, is not warranted.

--
-- mit freundlichen Grüßen