Hi,

currently, xorg.git/debian/TODO says:
| * Xwrapper.config should really move away from x11-common, now that we
|   only have one X server to deal with

I'm not sure I want to be the one moving this to another package,
seems like it could break easily. But see below.

| * Merge xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-core?  What about the circular dep?

xserver-xorg only serves a few purposes AFAICT:
 - dependencies on the server + drivers + tools, which can easily be
   moved to the xorg metapackage (we already have xorg → xserver-xorg
   → stuff, it's just about replacing that with xorg → stuff).
 - X wrapper, can be moved to xorg (or xserver-xorg-core?) I guess.
 - dexconf: kill
 - example conf.conf: kill
 - NEWS: old news, can be replaced with pointer to xsf-docs if info
   from there is still needed.
 - maintainer scripts: do some cleaning, mainly debconf, and
   restarting hal on kbsd. could be merged into xorg maintainer
   scripts.

Having written that, I guess it makes sense to also move
xwrapper.config to xorg as well.

For the record: #362313.

Did I miss anything?

Also, I'm wondering whether the following is OK:
|     Remove xbase-clients maintainer scripts.
|
|     Stop caring about /etc/X11/app-defaults/Beforelight, which was needed
while
|     upgrading from versions earlier than 1:7.4+2. Now even squeeze has a newer
|     version.

KiBi.