So, if the weight of the filter itself is a 5 and the e-mail fails one
of the rules in the filter file, which also has a weight of a 5, then
the test produces a weight of 10, correct?

Weight must be used for this test, correct?

Tuesday, June 25, 2002, 10:03:47 AM, R. Scott Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>RSP> With the latest beta, you can use the new filtering system with a
>>file that
>>RSP> has a line like this in it:
>>
>>RSP>          HELO  5  CONTAINS  $domain
>>RSP>                                  -Scott
>>
>>Is the above 5 a weight? If so, do you have to use weight with this
>>test?

RSP> Be VERY careful here -- the line above -- "HELO 5 CONTAINS $domain" is from
RSP> a filter.  Not the global.cfg file.  It is not a test definition.

RSP> That being said (because I just realized that it looks similar to the test
RSP> definitions in the global.cfg file), the 5 is a weight that will be used in
RSP> addition to the weight of the filter itself.  If you don't want to use it,
RSP> you can set it to 0.

>>Is this the correct syntax for this:
>>    Global.cfg
>>      FILTER filter        "C:\IMail\Declude\filter.txt

RSP> Close:

RSP>          FILTER  filter  C:\IMail\Declude\filter.txt x 5 0

RSP> (with no quote, and the "5" is the weight of the main filter test).

>>    $default$.junkmail
>>      FILTER          WARN
>>      (or just use the weight)

RSP> Correct.

>>What else can be filtered and what is the proper syntax of the
>>filter.txt file?

RSP> See http://www.mail-archive.com/declude.junkmail@declude.com/msg02791.html
RSP> for details.
RSP>                                  -Scott

RSP> ---
RSP> [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

RSP> ---

RSP> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
RSP> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
RSP> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  You can E-mail
RSP> [EMAIL PROTECTED] for assistance.  You can visit our web
RSP> site at http://www.declude.com .

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----

site at http://www.declude.com .