Lets start this off with I agree Versign has done things in the past that
were on the shady side. But I also feel that on this issue they are being
targeted because they are the largest TLD operator with a wildcard
implementation.

A good side affect is that if I was receiving spam from a nonexistane
.museum domain MAILFROM would not fail. Would Scott have fixed Declude to
handle wildcards?

What the Verisign petition/lawsuit is saying is if you rob Fort Knox clean
it is not ok, but if you just rob a small town bank you should be able to
walk free.

If Versign's laywers are smart they will get the suit thrown out in bias.
They are not listing or sewing any other TLD owners that are using
wildcards.

> I am not the owner of whois.sc. So, I would express your opinion
> directly to
> them. I posted that for the thousands of sysadmins that have had tens of
> thousands of processes break because of the unilateral change made by this
> wildcard implementation. I also point out that VeriBlind did this without
> ICANN approval. This has also prompted the IAB to release a commentary on
> the use of DNS wildcards:
> http://www.iab.org/documents/docs/2003-09-20-dns-wildcards.html
> This article makes no mention of VeriSign. Instead it says "Problems
> encountered in a recent experiment with wildcards"

At least they are being fair and not specifically mentioning a particular
TLD operator. That was my original point.

> Today, ICANN has formerly asked VeriSlime to voluntarily suspend the Site
> Finder "service" pending an investigation that was ALREADY underway before
> the update was released.

Then ICANN should ask all TLD operators to remove their wildcard
implementations. They affect queries just like Verisigns wildcards. Once
again BIAS against Verisign because they are the operators of the two
largest TLDs.