Thats why you are supposed to use fex .loc

This is a deathsin in my opinion

if fex someone register this domain u use and then someone on the inside want to send an email to to them it will never get trough !!!!

Jesus this is so basic in AD i thought most people know about those failures

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Bramble
Sent: 22. september 2003 19:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Who says that I have to register the domain that Active Directory is using?  My Active Directory name isn't intended to be used on the Internet.  In most installations, you look to your own Active Directory server first for the lookups, so if it exists on the Internet it won't interfeer...until now.

I think this is one of the issues that ICANN was talking about concerning how the change can have unintended consequences (besides spam blockers).  This also looks to be a problem in general with how Microsoft delegates lookups.  Their software shouldn't take the root of your Active Directory tree and then append sub-domains to it and turn to the root servers for resolution.  That appears to be a security risk if you ask me, and it doesn't make sense to do.

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:
Ah yes, using an unregistered domain name with a real TLD is a no-no. When
are people using AD going to get this?

AD must be configured correctly or else problems will come up when you least
expect it.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You