Well, my answer was that Declude can, but the risks of accidentally deleting
good mail outweighed the convenience of not having to hit delete.  She went
over my head and got the bosses on her side.  Now I've gotta have a meeting
with them and come up with a solution.  Any suggestions?

I'm by no stretch of the word an expert, and I'm sure you'll get better advice from others on this list, but I would think the best option would be to have a per-user file for her account, and just apply the delete action to her account. That might work... Let us know what you come up with.

-Russ