Sounds more like a user education issue rather than a technical one to me :) But if it's easier for you to burp up the numbers, that can work too.

Matt

McCool, Scott wrote:

I completely agree, Matt. Most delays on our server end up being
failures to connect to the MX of the destination (we use the skip list
in imail).

Like you, I do start by checking the spool and have a canned "Email
isn't always real-time and delays should be expected occasionally, we've
tuned our server to try and minimize all delays on our end."

Unfortunately I still sometimes have to document those delays for my
boss (or his boss).