Todd, thanks for the insight.

 >Jason,
 >Many ISPs refuse (for one reason or another) to delegate RDNS.

Instead of delegating the RDNS to you, would they make the changes for you?
Say, give them a list of your IPs and what you would like the RDNS to be?

I guess I'm very fortunate to have worked with competent, and cooperative
ISPs the past 5 years. I too had my servers once on SDSL. and in 2
different colo facilities. All gave me RDNS the way I wanted it. (btw, all
the providers I used were great, I just moved a few times)

 >And a few times people on this list have set forth criteria that would
 >classify us as unacceptable.  Bundling us into the dynamic IP bunch
 >because of our RNDS from MPower:
 >las-DSL224-cust089.mpowercom.net

That's just not fair, AND not worth your money. You should demand that they
serve you the way you need to be!

 >The most common reason for this reasoning is that most admins consider
 >"DSL" to be equal to "consumer".  But there is such a thing as SDSL
 >(symmetric DSL) at speeds > 2Mbit!  A better hosting environment than my
 >T-1.

ARgggH!! Agreed. Stupid admins!  Is the world not full of too many of them
already?

Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts. I think you need to pressure your
provider to give you RDNS entries with your own domain name content, after
all you are a paying business-class customer. You might want to refer them
to the RFC that states RDNS is a good thing, your being lumped into dynamic
block lists based on the contents of the existing RDNS name is a serious
operational issue, and AOL's policies for blocking email.

--Jason