> In the meantime, why not relay your outbound mail through your ISP?

Obviously you have never relayed your outbound mail through an ISP! If
you had, you would not suggest that course of action. :)

Currently, I have no problems.  I hope that I can keep it this way!

Todd Holt
Xidix Technologies, Inc
Las Vegas, NV  USA
www.xidix.com
702.319.4349

RDNS.

> And a few times people on this list have set forth criteria that would
> classify us as unacceptable.  Bundling us into the dynamic IP bunch
> because
> of our RNDS from MPower: las-DSL224-cust089.mpowercom.net
>
> The most common reason for this reasoning is that most admins consider
> "DSL"
> to be equal to "consumer".  But there is such a thing as SDSL
(symmetric
> DSL) at speeds > 2Mbit!  A better hosting environment than my T-1.
>
> In conclusion, I see two distinct problems here:
> 1. ISPs are not accurately, clearly and fairly specifying RDNS
entries.
> They
> need to do a better job of this, but have little motivation to do
this.

> 2. Mail admins need to do a better job of creating criteria for mail
> classification.  Don't lump all DSL into spam source.  Don't put a lot
of
> stock into what an RDNS says, just that it exists.  I really
appreciate
> Pete
> McNeil's unique approach in building a tool that looks for the same
things
> that I would look for by hand, in the content, not the context.  I
think
> we
> need more out of the box thinking like this.
>
> Todd Holt
> Xidix Technologies, Inc
> Las Vegas, NV  USA
> www.xidix.com
> 702.319.4349

"freedom2be.net"
> > exclusively for our reverse DNS entries. As our mail server is
> multi-homed
> > with many different domains. If someone needs to contact the
> appropriate
> > owner of the IP, say our mail server was doing something "bad"
(which
> it
> > never has) they would know that "freedom2be.net" is the domain to
> email.
> > (such as [EMAIL PROTECTED]) Isn't this a good idea?
> >
> > --Jason
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > ---
> > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> > (http://www.declude.com)]
> >
> > ---
> > This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
> > unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
> > "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com.
> > ---
> > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> > (http://www.declude.com)]
>

> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> (http://www.declude.com)]

> (http://www.declude.com)]

unsubscribe,
> just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe
> Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> http://www.mail-archive.com.

> (http://www.declude.com)]

> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> (http://www.declude.com)]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]