At 01:23 PM 1/12/2004, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
> This  server  normally processes about 200,000 emails a day, running
> sniffer,  most  of the MailPure filters, and antivirus. Normally the
> processor  utilization during peak times is right around 40-50% on a
> 1  minute  average.

That's pretty high to start out. Try lowering the priority of Perl.exe
to Low and see if the server stabilizes.

I guess that was a noble try... but it didn't work. I'm going to try to separate the spamd/spamc processes and see how that goes. I know this server is grossly underpowered for what I'm trying to do, but I inherited it this way, and I don't think I'm gonna get to buy a new one here anytime soon. The person before didn't understand how to spec out a mailserver.

On a related note, does anyone know if there is any performance gain in having Junkmail or Virus running first? We currently scan for JunkMail first just to get an accurate count of the spam we receive.

Thanks,
Russ