From: Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 3:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Question about Some Spam Tests

Andrew,

This is also particularly hurtful when a zombie sends E-mail through one
of these servers.  I almost never see SpamCop blocking big ISP mail
servers, but I see zombies relaying through ISP mail servers every day.

This would actually be a good candidate for a combination test.  You
could disable SpamCop when it also hit AHBL-GOOD with a net score of 0,
but not credit AHBL-GOOD otherwise.  Of course, SpamCop could just fix
their issues with ISP mail servers.  Who knows, maybe their stance is to
force ISP's into active defenses against zombies relaying through them???

Matt

Colbeck, Andrew wrote:

>I'd recommend all of them but FIVETEN-MULTISTAGE.  Always start with a very
>low weight, like 1.  Then evaluate them in your own environment; my results
>may be interesting, but it's yours that you care about.
>
>I also recommend AHBL-EXEMPTIONS as a whitelisting test, e.g.
>
>AHBL-GOOD      ip4r    exemptions.ahbl.org             127.0.0.2       -5
>0
>
>To reward "known good" servers (whic isn't to say that NO spam comes from
>them, but does indicate that the baby shouldn't be thrown out with the
>bathwate).
>
>This is particularly helpful, for example, if SpamCop lists an AOL outbound
>mail server.
>
>Andrew 8)

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/