To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Question about Some Spam Tests

I understand your position, but then whitelist AOL.

How can I do this? I've the same problem now for over 5 months here on our server.

Telecom is one of the largest italian ISP I know about. As we and most of
our customers are from Italy we receive a lot of legit messages from their
mail servers. Far more then spam messages.

I can understand that most servers outside Italy will see RELATIVE more spam
then legit messages. This I consider also the reason why Telecom's mail
servers are listed frequently in several IP blacklists. But that is not the
case for our and several other Spam-fighting Mailservers.

If I do nothing against this I will have a lot of false positives. :-(
I can try to counterweight for certain IP-ranges but as the listings in the
IP blacklists goes up and down I will never have a real counterwheigt. :-(
Alternatively I can whitelist the entire IP-range causing that also other
spamtests will not run. :-((

To whitelist certain IPs only from ip4r results (equal if Telecom, AOL or
whatever else) we have to use IPBYPASS. But this entries until now are
limited to 20 entries without the posibility to use IP-ranges.

Markus

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]