        From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sun 1/25/2004 10:44 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] DNS Warnings

        >          Thanks for the aid.  I'm with you on the second point, I think
        > our DNS server (Bind 8.4.3) attempted to verify the domain (all of them
        > look spam in nature) and couldn't find an A or MX listed for them and
        > returned back to Declude that warning.

        Actually, the "server failure" should indicate that your DNS server is
        broken, so it definitely should *not* return the server failure unless it
        is broken, or *perhaps* if it receives a server failure from the remote DNS
        server.

        Declude JunkMail is asking BIND if the domain has an MX or A record -- so
        if it returns a server failure when it should not, it is hurting your spam
        control.

        Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
        Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
        vulnerability detection.
        Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.

<<winmail.dat>>