Hi Sandy:

>> It's no-brainer if you use  IMail's NT integration on an AD DC. <<

I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I'm trying to research this by
reading the Imail 8 manual. It doesn't reference AD directly (only the NT
User setup and that you have to run on a DC). So before I invest time and
play around with it, I have three "no-brainer" questions, which I could not
answer myself:

- It says that you can't use the Imail "Explorer" to manage accounts (users,
aliases, etc.) - does that imply that my clients wouldn't be able to use
WebMail to add/administer their own mailboxes either?

- Does the AD only store "Users" (mailboxes) - or also "Alias" (e.g., simple
alias, group alias, program alias, etc.)?  If not, then how do you
accomplish using the AD information to verify "valid" RCTP TO information?
A good portion of the email we process is addressed to an alias!?

- Does the Imail/NT/AD integration support (multiple) virtual domains
(ip-less) - or will it only create users for the AD domain name?
Accordingly, how will it know that two  mailboxes and/or aliases by the same
name, but on two different mail domains, should be kept as two different
entities in AD?

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.