From: "Sanford Whiteman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Bud Durland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] New test

> I am testing a small external test program. A message fails the test
> if  there  is  an  discernable  IP  address in the HELO entry of the
> message...

Just  a  little  note here: while this test is surely valuable and its
development  much  appreciated,  I  think  creating a slew of external
Declude "helpers" is suboptimal--for desktop heap overhead, if nothing
else--when  many  of the tests could be wrapped by SpamAssassin custom
rules  and  run  all at once using SPAMC32. Remember that SpamAssassin
has  full  Perl  regular  expression  support and allows for auxiliary
rules  to  be  contributed via any number of external files (each rule
with its own weight, at that).

If  the  community  concentrated  on  contributing  SA  rulesets, test
development time could be sliced down to nearly zero. Now, I know that
for  some  of you, this might seem vaguely treasonous--if you think of
Declude  and SA as rivals. We don't run SA without Declude, though, so
I see it as more of a parent-child relationship.

Anyway, it's just an idea.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of