Why did this fail the REVDNS test? If I do a reverse DNS
lookup for precisionx.net I get a valid PTR record back.

Reverse DNS is different than forward DNS. Reverse DNS takes an IP and returns the host name (using a PTR record); forward DNS usually takes a host name and returns an IP (using an A record).

  (SMTPD32-6.06) id A02C4790076; Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:07:24 -0400

In this case, the E-mail came from the IP 216.119.112.51. That IP does not have a reverse DNS entry (see http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=216.119.112.51 ). Since it does not have a reverse DNS entry, it fails the REVDNS test.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.