Thanks for your patience Scott.  I think I understand now, although my
actual test doesn't seem to be working.  Perhaps you can tell me where I'm
going wrong?

1. I put a reference to the filter in the global.cfg file (e.g.,
c:\imail\declude\cmdspacefilter.txt  x 0 0).  Notice that I gave the filter
a weight of zero.
2. In the filter file, I have these lines:
LOCALCMDSPACE -

SKIPIFWEIGHT   20
TESTSFAILED   END  NOTCONTAINS CMDSPACE
REMOTEIP       -6  CONTAINS 66.224.41
REMOTEIP       -6  CONTAINS 5.75.194.49
This should name the filter LOCALCMDSPACE, should cause it to be skipped if
weight is already over 20, should cause it to quit if the TESTSFAILED text
does not contain CMDSPACE.  If it gets to the last two lines, it should add
a weight of -6 if REMOTEIP contains the IP addresses.  By the way, notice
that in on of the lines, I only use a partial IP address.  I wanted to have
that line take effect for all IPs inside 66.224.41.*.

I didn't do anything else because I just want the weight to be adjusted.
The REMOTEIP lines restrict my weighting to those two IP addresses.

I ran an in-house test and this filter wasn't applied.  I'm not sure why.
Here is a sample header from one of the tests: