on 6/24/04 6:07 PM, Imail Admin wrote:

> Is it possible to make the weight of a test conditional?
>
> Here is my thinking: we've been having problems with our own users getting
> zapped by the CMDSPACE test.  We are running IMail 7.15, so we don't have
> access to the whitelist auth option.  We can whitelist our own domains, but
> that would let a lot of spam through, since spammers often falsely use your
> own domain name as the from: line.  However, it would be nice to have the
> weight of CMDSPACE be 8 most of the time, but reduce it to, say, 2, when the
> message comes from our clients' own domain names.  So we're not whitelisting
> our own clients' domain names, just changing the weight of one of the tests.
> Can this be done?

You might want to try a filter like this (you'll need the latest beta and/or
interim of declude). The CMDSPACE test must be run before this filter is run
and the CMDSPACE test weight in this example is 1.

LOCALCMDSPACE -

SKIPIFWEIGHT   50
TESTSFAILED   END  NOTCONTAINS CMDSPACE
REMOTEIP       -1  CONTAINS 12.4.184.
REMOTEIP       -1  CONTAINS 12.4.185.
REMOTEIP       -1  CONTAINS 12.4.186.

where 12.4.184., and such, are the IP subnets assigned to your users.

If a message fails the cmdspace test and is not from a local ip address, the
message would have 1 added to its weight. Messages failing the cmdspace test
and connecting from your ip address range would end up with 0 added to their
weight.

Greg