From: "Matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Filter for blank subject lines

Since a sizeable amount of blank subjects are spam and come from forged
addresses, please don't bounce such messages.  It's called backscatter,
and it is a very large problem, typically amounting to 1% to 2% of my
total mail volume.  This is also common enough that you would also upset
many customers.

If you tweak your setup properly, you can tag blank subjects with a
little weight and still not have issues with blocking legitimate E-mail
while improving spam detection.

Matt

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Any previous talk on filtering for blank subject lines is 2 years old, so
I'd like to present the question again, and/or make a new feature

request.

Within our corp, we have several employees who enjoy send their mails

with

no subject what-so-ever.  Wrist slaps have done nothing to correct this
problem.  I'd like very much to bounce mails lacking subjects, informing

the

sender that to complete the delivery, they must resend with a completed
subject line.

I've tried using both SUBJECTCHARS and CONTSPACES, but they don't seem to
work as I'd like.

Is there a specific test or filter I can use to detect blank subject

lines?

TIA

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/