OK, I sent a message to the list this morning, went into an hourlong
meeting and came back out to find that the message hadn't posted to the
list yet.  Also people were complaining about their email "not working".
I found that the Decludeproc service had stopped on its own.  The event
log shows event 7031: "The Decludeproc service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s)."

I restarted the service and took a look in the proc folder.  There were
4500 objects in the folder.  I kept watch for about 15 minutes on those
objects, but Declude couldn't make headway on it with the new mail
coming in.  It would go down by 1 or 2 then back up by 1 or 2 but always
stayed around the same number of messages.  I have currently reverted
back to 1.82, and have left the Decludeproc service running so that it
can clear out those messages.  It is going VERY slowly, though.  I mean
like 25 messages per minute slow, if that.  Declude 1.82 goes through
messages much faster, in my experience monitoring (for instance) the
overflow directory.

Dan Horne