I'm really surprised.  My experience with SmarterTools has been
nothing short of stellar.  I've had two separate instances over the
last year or so where I've had problems that a tech has made it his
personal business to work through with me.  One was a nightmarish
install of a gateway in front of SM (i.e. not really their fault) and
another was a mysterious problem where the mail server suddenly
started eating bandwidth for no reason (it wasn't sending or receiving
anything, and a reinstall eventually fixed the problem) and they wound
up walking me thru a safe reinstall.  When I gratefully asked if they
wanted my cc# as this was a for-pay support call I was told that only
comes into play with users who abuse the privilege of tech support and
call them over and over.

A week or so ago I posted on their forum asking how to migrate a bunch
of smartermail domains from one server and integrate them into another
one thats already running.  They wrote up and posted a special KB
article for that circumstance.

So it ain't all bad.

--
--mattRobertson--