To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] decludeproc causing dns queries to fail

Just to clarify...  If Imail was not processing, wouldn't the buildup be
occurring in the /spool directory itself?  Would declude also be
affected by such an issue and cause a buildup in the /spool/proc folder?

I ask, because my mail is getting built up in the /spool/proc folder,
not the /spool folder.  As I understand it, declude.exe deposits mail
into the /spool/proc folder.  The decludeproc.exe server runs to move
mail out of this folder into the /spool/proc/work folder for processing
and once completed moves it to the /spool folder so Imail may deliver
it.  Am I missing something?

This also doesn't explain why no outgoing DNS queries are allowed while
these issues are occurring, such as nslookup (unable to even establish a
connection to any DNS server), but once again work when the
decludeproc.exe is restarted.  To clarify, I am not restarting or
changing Imail services in any way.  My one and only step to resolve the
issue is to stop decludeproc.exe and restart it in services.  Nothing
else needs to be done.  This is the only service I need to touch.

I am more than happy to try modifying my setup as a form of
troubleshooting, but forgive me for trying to understand the reasoning
behind it.

Will