Hi Dave,

I'm breaking this into two discussions as they are two different topics.

The REAL point of Pete's input (and my suggestion) for SNFIPREP is that the
reputation scale of -1 through +1 should NOT just result in either ONE
positive or ONE negative weight option.

Your example:

                IPREPUTATION    SNFIPREP   x   0   10  -5

only result in either a "10" being added or  a "5" being subtracted. So you
are turning a continuous scale of -1 to +1 into two discrete values - losing
all the key benefits of having the reputation scale in the first place.

You already have the SNFIP return codes, if someone wanted a "fix" value for
a particular "level" of reputation.

To really make use of the GBUdb, there should be a continuous weight from 0
to 10 for "bad" reputation and 0 through -5 for "good" reputation (using
your sample of 10 and -5).

Basically, for positive GBUdb values, multiply with the "10" (getting a
value from 0 to 10 depending on "how bad" the reputation is), for negative
values multiply with "-5" to get a weight from 0 to -5 (depending on "how
good" the IP is).

This would make the test really useful because it would only cause BIG
weight changes for BIG GBUdb values.

Best Regards,

Andy