From: "Dave Beckstrom" <db...@atving.com>
Sent 2/18/2011 9:46:15 AM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Idea for new Declude add-on
I installed autowhite.
This product is not ready to be on the market and certainly should not be
something someone pays good money to purchase.  It has promise, but its not
ready yet.
Its advertised as working with Smartermail.  To use it in a smartermail
environment, you have to go into the registry on the server and enter a
number of IMAIL registry keys.  None of these required keys are currently
documented in the installation docs.  John said he is planning on updating
the installation documentation.
The main problem, however, is that there needs to be a registry key manuall
created for each smartermail email domain.  These keys get created under an
IMAIL parent key.  So if you have a control panel, and resellers create new
email domains, the autowhite registry key for that new email domain won't
exist.  Autowhite won't process for that domain.  You would have to modify
your control panel to create the registry key or manually create the keys.
Autowhite also has a log option.  But it won't log without a syslog daemon
on the server.  Autowhite needs to have an option to log to a text file --
wouldn't install anything to support a utility being able to log.