>http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/guide/imailug7/config11.html#4382
>
>will following this guide do what you tell me below,

Yes.  Following that setup, the server will act as a gateway (which is
almost identical to acting as a backup server).

>and then the stupid question where do place the Declude for scanning the
>mail ?

You would switch Declude to the gateway server (the new one).

>mailserveren.com with about 5000 virtual hosts all in this pop3.domain.no
>
>correct me if im wrong
>I put up a second mailserver according to the link above
>and a new mx record for the second host.
>But how does declude now what to scan and what to pass through ?

Declude will work the same as it does now on the existing server, scanning
all E-mail by default.  The only difference is that with the gateway
server, Declude will see all the mail as outgoing (since none of it is
stored on the gateway server).