Scott:
My first suggestion thinking of those new Declude users that are not yet in
the list and will become new declude customers as well as old ones, I
suggest to add an explanation in the demo config file and the Manual about
how BANEZIPEXTS and BANZIPEXTS works. Explaining that the setting should be
ON and the effect it causes. The release notes are clear about the banning
feature but not that clear about using the ON switch. I believe that now the
only way to find that out is through the file archives. I would be very
useful then to add it to the config file and the Manual.

Now my question:
I tested the BANEXIPEXTS ON encrypting 1 file. A .COM extension file that I
ban via Banext. Declude stopped right away.

Then I tested the same option encrypting 2 files: A .com extension and .log
one. I don't ban .log. My objective was to see if the zip was going to be
banned by Declude since it had a .COM extension.

Declude didn't stop it.

I tried it with 3 files. .COM and 2 txt files (txt is not banned in my
configuration), and Declude didn't stop it.

As far as I understand then, the BANEXIPEXTS considers that only one file is
in the encrypted zip and that is the one it checks, or perhaps if there is
more than one file and one of them is not in the Banext then it doesn't stop
it.

Let me know your thoughts. I am afraid that new viruses come in a way that 2
files come within an encrypted zip, one being a .COM, PIF, or any dangerous
extension and the other one a simple txt file, so at the end Declude let it
pass.

How does BANEZIPEXTS work if 2 or more files are included in the encrypted
ZIP and at least one of them is not in the BANEXT list.

        -Luis Arango

______
[Email scanned for viruses by Panda Consulting -www.pandacons.com-]
[Email escaneado contra virus por Panda Consulting -www.pandacons.com-]

[AUTOMATED NOTE: Your mail server [129.250.225.148] is missing a reverse DNS entry.
All Internet hosts are required to have a reverse DNS entry. The missing reverse DNS
entry will cause your mail to be treated as spam on some servers, such as AOL.]