If I may chime in here.

Yes, the international standard is indeed YYYY-MM-DD and if separated by
hyphens as shown, there can be absolutely no confusion. We have used it for
years, as it is also the only one which can sort properly in plain text.
However, even though the Canadian government mandated it as the standard
many years ago, their own forms still do not. Go figure.

But, why can Declude not simply use the setting in Windows? Then everyone
can use their own for their specific locality.

        Erik

Erik Hjelholt, Managing Director
Alberni-dot-Net, a div. of Tandem Security Inc.
4716 Roger St., Port Alberni, BC  V9Y 3Z2
Phone: 250-720-8110  -  Fax: 250-723-0901