Thanks Nic. will have a play when I get home.

Jeremy Coulter

-----Original Message-----
From: Nic Wise [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 1999 08:41
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: Re: [DUG]: DCOM in Delphi

well....

make a standard com server, using a type library. run it.
make a com client using the SAME type library. then do something like:

var
  iobj : IMyInterface;
begin
  iobj := IMyInterface.CreateRemote('MACHINE');

  <call methods>
  iobj._release; (not sure if you need this)
end;

All the other side has to do is to implement the IMyInterface interface.

Dont forget to play with dcomcfg to make sure you can actually start
stuff.

I think thats about it....