hi all,

I know the bde alternatives guide web site has a lot of info, but I'm
interested in any experiences anyone on this list has had with alternative
databases for small business projects that don't warrant sql server licences
i.e. preferably royalty free, and preferably don't require bde on the client
pc's and as a bonus can do sql as well (although I can live without that for
this type of project).

e.g.

Apollo,
FlashFiler
Midware/dbOvernet
In-house developed Tdataset derivatives
etc.

I have several projects coming up each involving multiple sites, but each
site only has from say 1 to 10 users. The lans often are peer-to-peer also.

Any advice most appreciated,

regards,

Steve.