Hi Laurence,

> ODBC98 - most popular db's now have ODBC support and this is very fast. This
> set of components requires only a data source to be set up on the client, no
> DLL's. It now features a component to do the setup for you.
>
> Both are well supported and reasonably bug-free.

I am just trying out some ways of avoiding bde for SQL-server
database access.
I have installed and tried out odbc98 and while it seemed phantastic
at the first look, I found its functionality very limited. Using the
table/query there are no navigational methodes i.e. first,next,..  or
edit,insert or post.

Do you use the components? How can you programmatically scroll,
alter, add records without having the above methods available?

thanks
 sigi