On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Neven MacEwan wrote:

> For scalable apps I use Client/Static/BatchOpt ADO (on MSSQL et al)
> and for small Server/Keyset/Opt (on JET) both work well - The main

How do you do the batchopt stuff?  In one of my apps I need to regularly
post 5-6k records from an ascii import file and find that doing an insert
for each is slow as heck, doing a TADOTable append/post was quicker, but
still rather slow, what techniques are there to improve the speed of these
large import type operations?

--
"We don't guarantee anything except that it will take up disk space..."
  Apache 2.0alpha5 Disclaimer

Now Playing: utopik - Good evening