On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Steve Peacocke wrote:

> 3. Grids are not data input devices

Interesting statement here, however, for some applications a grid -is- an
input device, and they're the preferred method of entry for the science
app I'm currently working on, however I've yet to find a grid component
which works the way my manager wants (which is basically a spreadsheet,
with such things as copydown, paste from excel etc. etc.).

The main problem with a DBBound grid is that it is generally keyed, and
the keys are trapped with each record being posted, whereas in our
situation, I create an unkeyed memory table that looks like the real
table, which allows for free-form unkeyed entry, and check the keys when
the table is to be posted back to the database (if theres a better
solution, I wish I knew it).

Mark

--
"We don't guarantee anything except that it will take up disk space..."
  Apache 2.0alpha5 Disclaimer

Now Playing: EINHERJER - Crimson Rain  -  NEW